CreatureKind has developed a new course to help Christians think about what their faith means for animals,
and we need your help to bring it to your church!
- Use our free six week course for small groups
- Learn about animal welfare and the church
- Explore how to care for animals more faithfully
Through videos, short readings, and lots of dialogue, the CreatureKind Course for Churches encourages Christians to consider what we believe about God’s creatures and how we might move toward living out those beliefs as members of the body of Christ.
We provide all the course materials, and a guide for leaders. You don't need to have any specialist knowledge, just the motivation to help people think and discuss together.
Not sure you can form a group? Sign up anyway and walk yourself through the course material. You'll learn a lot!
If you're interested in using our CreatureKind course
Praise for the CreatureKind Course
- “Too often, animal welfare is viewed as a modern, secular issue. The CreatureKind Course for churches demonstrates that there is both a biblical basis and rich tradition of care for animals in the Christian church. I hope many churches will adopt the course as part of their regular rhythm of study and fellowship." Grace Yia-Hei Kao
- "I cannot imagine a better resource for Churches who want to explore the profound-though-still-largely-ignored implications of Christian theology for concern for non-human animals. The people who conceived and executed this course are among the best in the world in the field, and also have the virtue of being wonderful teachers. What a gift they have given to the Christian Churches!" Charles Camosy, Fordham University
- "CreatureKind's Course for Churches is a rare thing: humble in its presentation of the facts, theologically sound, and practically oriented. It is an invaluable resource for anyone earnestly pursuing the question of how Jesus' gospel of reconciliation should shape their everyday lives." Rev. Kyle Meyaard-Schaap, National Organizer and Spokesperson, Young Evangelicals for Climate Action
- "The CreatureKind Course for Churches is ideal for people of faith who want to go deep and discern who we are called to be and what we are called to do with respect to animals and the environment. In a time when many of our churches are struggling with what it means to become culturally relevant, this 6-week study is perfect for those who long learn how the Christian faith speaks to the social, economic, and environmental issues of our day." Christopher Carter, University of San Diego
- "It has been said that God sent the animals for us to learn how to love like God. But when it comes to our relationships with animals, Christians often need guidance. This is where courses and discussions about animals in the context of one's Christian faith can be tremendously helpful. CreatureKind is helping fill a large gap in this area." Akisha Townsend Eaton
- "The presence of Christ in all of us is an inner guide to our relationship with creation. The Christ in us impels us to live in harmony with all of God’s creatures. This CreatureKind course will challenge, and help us grow deeper into that relationship." Rev. Carlos Malave
- “The way humans treat animals has profound impacts on animals, the environment, and global human health. The CreatureKind Course for Churches demonstrates that concern for animals has always been an important part of Christian life and helps Christians think carefully about our relationship with animals.” Bruce Friedrich, Good Food Institute
- "As a doctoral student and minister of the Gospel, I am grateful that CreatureKind has the reputable resources to equip ministries with strategies to encourage a robust Christianity of extending compassion to all of God's Creation." Candice Laughinghouse
- “Concern for and awareness of how animals are treated is not a topic most churches spend a lot of time on. But we need to! If we sing 'All Creatures of our God and King', we ought to spend some time thinking about the fate of those creatures, and the responsibility we have as Christians to make their lives better. CreatureKind’s new course is an important tool to help all of our churches move in this direction.” Ed Brown