What does CreatureKind do?
CreatureKind exists to encourage the church, other religious institutions, and Christians to participate in animal protection, for the health and safety of all of God’s creatures. We equip Christians with the tools they need to advocate for animals; provide education and support to pastors and other Christian leaders on the importance and validity of including animals and animal issues in Christian life and practice; work with churches, other institutions, and individuals on adopting more sustainable food policies; and provide a community in which Christian animal advocates can express their experience, strength, and hope among like-minded Christians.
How can I get involved?
Whether you are just starting your CreatureKind journey or have been a Christian animal advocate for decades, and whether you have 5 minutes to spare or are looking for in-depth engagement, there's a place for you here.
- Sign the CreatureKind Commitment.
- Read and share articles from the CreatureKind blog.
- Download and lead the CreatureKind course for churches.
- Help us talk to your community about more sustainable food practices.
- Invite us to speak, preach, or lead a conversation.
- Attend an event near you.
- Donate to help expand our capacity to do this vital work.
- Volunteer with us...and more!
How do I answer (this tough question about Christianity and animals)?
We've written a number of articles on our blog addressing some of the most common misconceptions, questions, and conundrums faced by Christians who advocate for animals. If you have a question that isn't answered there, please let us know and we'll either write something or point you to excellent existing resources.
Be sure to look out our list of Recommended Reading. Working your way through that material is a great way to prepare yourself to address a huge variety of questions.